Gard'nClean Extended Release Deodorizer
Gard'nClean Extended Release Deodorizer
Germs and bacteria are not able to build up resistance to ClO2 because it attacks through oxidation.
What is Gard’nClean 99.9% ultra-pure chlorine dioxide?
It is the world’s most user-friendly, point-of-use (just add water) highly effective biocide for environmental sanitation.
Why use Gard’nClean instead of chlorine or a similar compound?
Gard’nClean’s 99.9% pure chlorine dioxide is not corrosive to infrastructure, does not create the same toxic compounds, and removes bio slime and other pathogens at much lower concentrations than similar compounds.
More efficient, safer, and effective than bleach!
Introducing the newest technology in disinfecting and odor elimination from the innovators in microbial solutions.
What are the benefits of 99.9% pure chlorine dioxide?
99.9% pure ClO2 is an oxidizer — plant pathogens are unable to build up a tolerance. It is effective against a wide variety of dangerous microorganisms including:
- mold & mildew
Unlike other disinfectants, there are no corrosion concerns at use levels. ClO2 can be used on food, water, and in food preparation areas. It is because of our patented technology. Simply put, the chemical reaction that generates chlorine dioxide generates harmful by-products. Gard’nClean traps the harmful
It’s 99.9% PURE
Our technology is eco-friendly and OMRI organic certified, requiring no special disposal or handling requirements. The activated solution has a neutral pH.
Competitive Advantages of PURE CHLORINE DIOXIDE
Pure Chlorine Dioxide vs. acidiFIed sodium chlorite
Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a highly versatile and highly compatible gas molecule that retains its chemical characteristics in both air and water, and it is widely used in many industries as a decontaminating agent. Unlike chlorine gas, chlorine dioxide does not hydrolyze in water to form ionic impurities, nor does chlorine dioxide form harmful byproducts, like chlorine bleach. As many products claim to generate pure chlorine dioxide probably due, it is important to differentiate the use of ultra-pure chlorine dioxide and acidified sodium chlorite (a.k.a. stabilized chlorine dioxide or impure chlorine dioxide). Stabilized chlorine dioxide products yield very little to zero actual chlorine dioxide, and instead deliver vast amounts of corrosive oxychloride species, chlorites, and chlorates. Ultra-pure chlorine dioxide solutions are superior at removing bio-slime and cleaning head space (unwetted surfaces), while also rinsing away from lines, tanks, and distribution systems in only one flush. Gard’nClean ultra-pure chlorine dioxide at the point of use offers a very user-friendly (just add water), highly compatible, and environmentally-aware method to harness the decontamination power of the ClO2 molecule. This is accomplished through its patented membrane technology, which permits a true gas exchange, and delivers >99% pure chlorine dioxide in solution.
It is important to distinguish between pure or nearly-pure solutions of chlorine dioxide, including the Gard’nClean line of products, and the acidified sodium chlorite products on the market sold under various names including “stabilized chlorine dioxide” or acidified sodium chlorite.
To illustrate the differences between pure chlorine dioxide and acidified sodium chlorite, Gard’nClean generated solutions using the product of a leading supplier of stabilized chlorine dioxide formulations and compared it to a solution of Gard’nClean ultra-pure chlorine dioxide. The stabilized solution was activated using citric acid, as per the manufacturer’s directions. The key results are presented in the chart on the right.
|Amount of ClO2 generated||3.2 ppm||75 ppm|
|Chlorite (ClO2- ) level 1||34.0 ppm||0.6 ppm|
|Chlorate (ClO3- ) level||3.0 ppm||0.2 ppm|
|Final pH||3.04 (acidic)||6.9 (neutral)|
|% Pure ClO2||2.3%||99.9%|
Typical of acidified sodium chlorite formulations, this particular product included high concentrations of chlorite and chlorate compounds, a low conversion rate to chlorine dioxide, and an acidic pH. The large background of oxidizing ionic species (chlorites, chlorates) coupled with the low pH are reasons why stabilized solutions generally have material compatibility issues and are virtually ineffective at cleaning head space and removing bio-slime. This is not true of Gard’nClean pure chlorine dioxide where application and product usage are vast and superior to other leading disinfection and deodorization methods.
Chlorine Dioxide vs. chlorine (bleach)
Gard’nClean products include the safe generation of pure chlorine dioxide at the point of use. Only tap water needs to be added to advanced micro-reactor sachet technology in order to generate ultra-pure chlorine dioxide. This results in specific concentrations of chlorine dioxide without corrosive residuals and at a neutral pH.
What is Chlorine?
Chlorine comes in a number of forms*:
- Chlorine gas
- Sodium hypochlorite “bleach” & calcium hypochlorite HTH tablets/granules
- Organo chloro compounds can release chlorine on contact with water; eg dichlorodiisocyanurate
*Regardless of the form of chlorine, the disinfecting agent is hypochlorous acid (HOCl)
Advantages of ClO2
- Strong oxidizer
- End-user familiarity
- Cost-effective disinfectant
Disadvantages of Bleach
- It is highly corrosive (in all forms)
- It is very weak at removing bio slime
- Its efficacy against microbial organisms is very pH dependent
- It produces an unpleasant working environment due to potential health hazards
- It is highly reactive and hence affected by suspended solids and organics in water
- It is toxic (in all forms); HOCl can produce disinfection byproducts, which are carcinogenic
- It is important to know the difference between “free” chlorine and “combined” chlorine. Free chlorine relates to HOCl in the pH range of 7 − 7.5 and combined chlorine relates to the OCL – ion or reaction solutions, e.g., chloramines. The latter (OCLand chloramines) have VERY POOR disinfectant capabilities
|PH||% HOCl PRESENT IN WATER|
WHY HAVEN’T I HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?
Until recently, Chlorine Dioxide generation required large mechanical equipment that came at a huge expense. Gard’nClean’s patented just-add-water technology requires only tap water to generate pure chlorine dioxide on-site. No hazardous by-products, no expensive infrastructure to purchase and maintain, and no special certifications.
The original or “stabilized” version of chlorine dioxide is made from precursor chemicals mixed together, creating low concentrations of ClO2 but also many harmful chlorinated byproducts including toxic and corrosive chlorates.
Then, chlorine dioxide generators were utilized to create a better concentration of ClO2. These generators are expensive, not mobile, and require trained personnel. Corrosive chlorinated by-products remain a concern.
Today, Gard’nClean’s patented ClO2 technology is available, allowing for 99.9% pure chlorine dioxide that’s ready to use. It requires no special training, and is portable and safe. The purity of Gard’nClean makes it ideal for cultivation and processing facilities; food preparation, agriculture, crop transportation & storage, as well as general disinfection and deodorization.
Why are Gard’nClean’s products so pure?
It is because of our patented technology. Simply put, the chemical reaction that generates chlorine dioxide generates harmful by-products. Gard’nClean traps the harmful by-products in a proprietary membrane until the reaction is complete, so only the chlorine dioxide molecule is released into the solution, resulting in negligible and lower corrosiveness.
Chlorine is NOT safe! The U.S. Health Officials estimate 900,000 people each year become ill from waterborne diseases. The General Accounting Office estimates that 66% of Safe Drinking Water Act violations aren’t reported.
1) Gard’nClean ultra-pure chlorine dioxide delivers greater than 99.9% pure chlorine dioxide and without unwanted oxychloride species; Gard’nClean is better than chlorine due to the following:
- Negligible toxicity
- Superior material compatibility (kills the pathogens, not your equipment)
2) Chlorine dioxide is the world’s most powerful and versatile biocide; it retains its chemical characteristics in both air and water and has an ability to kill more pathogens with less concentration (much less) than any form of chlorine
3) Ability to remove bio slime even at low concentrations
- Due to its inherent selectivity, neutral charge, and neutral pH, Gard’nClean 99.9% ultra-pure chlorine dioxide is able to attack bio slime from the inside out (other products simply focus on surface layers of bio slime)
4) Ease of use – just add water, wait, and fully decontaminate! No additional activators are necessary.